Taking the time to hire the right HVAC contractor for your Fort Wayne area home can save you both time and money. After narrowing down the search field, the final step is to take all the contractor quotes you’ve obtained and pick the one best suited to do the job, but how? Here are some great tips to help you make the right decision the first time.
- Choose experience. Look to hire an established, local contractor, with a minimum of 10 years of experience.
- Listen to your friends. Family, friends and neighbors can be a wealth of knowledge. Ask around to see if any of them know of an outstanding contractor they can recommend.
- Do your paperwork. Be sure the contractor you hire is fully licensed and insured and that they will pull all permits required to perform the work. A reputable contractor will ensure the necessary measures are in place to protect both parties while the work is being done.
- Check references. Obtain and follow through with at least three local references. Ask questions regarding the scope of the work done and the level of customer satisfaction in regards to the cost and timeliness of the project, and be sure to ask if they would hire the contractor again.
- Read the fine print. Secure a written estimate from each contractor, and have a clear understanding of what you're getting for your money with a breakdown of parts, labor and warranty coverage.
- Think about the future. While contractor quotes don’t include future work, it’s important to consider maintenance, repairs and upgrades down the road. Choose a contractor that offers preventive maintenance options, emergency service, affordable rates and financing.
Make sure you include Hartman Brothers Heating & Air Conditioning in your list of contractor quotes. Since 1963 we have provided quality service to the residents of the Fort Wayne area and work hard to maintain our stellar reputation for excellence.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in New Haven, Indiana and surrounding Fort Wayne area about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about contractor quotes and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock