Many homeowners struggle with a constant temperature battle inside the home. Some rooms are too hot, some are too cold, and when the thermostat is adjusted, conditions still seem to be off balance. Luckily, one particular upgrade can eliminate such problems: a zoning system.
A zoning system splits your home into individual zones that are each controlled independently with dedicated thermostats and controllable duct dampers.
Many factors influence climate control in your Indiana home, and you may not even be aware of them. Below are just a few factors that can affect your home's ability to maintain comfortable and consistent indoor conditions without a zoning system.
- Insulation of your ceilings, walls and windows
- Quality of your ductwork
- Outdoor weather conditions, such as cloudiness, wind and humidity
- Sunlight exposure
Before investing in a solution, you need to ask yourself if a zoning system is right for your home. Answer the following questions to determine your need for zoning. If you find yourself answering "yes" more than once, your home is likely a good candidate for a zoning system.
- Do family members prefer differing temperatures?
- Are there multiple levels?
- Are some rooms not in use everyday?
- Do you have a finished basement or other area of the home that's at least partially underground?
- Are some rooms noticeably hotter or cooler than others?
- Is it harder to keep some rooms comfortable depending on outdoor conditions?
- Are there areas of the home that feel stuffy?
Comfort problems arise when one thermostat is used to control heating and cooling in all rooms in the home, which may differ in their climate characteristics and the preferences of occupants. Zoning allows homeowners to create and adjust different temperatures in each room according to need or preference, or maintain a steady temperature throughout the home regardless of factors that can cause certain areas to be hotter or colder.
Zoning systems are a solution that can keep everyone in your home comfortable. To learn more about the benefits that zoning can bring to your home, contact Hartman Brothers Heating & Air Conditioning. We've been helping Fort Wayne area families like yours achieve indoor comfort since 1963.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in New Haven, Indiana and surrounding Fort Wayne area about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about zoning systems and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock