Carbon monoxide (CO) is a gas that can leak into your home and cause life-threatening symptoms. Since this gas doesn’t have any color or smell, it can be difficult to detect on your own. Read on to find out more about carbon monoxide poisoning, including how to lower your risk of this dangerous condition.
Everyone's getting into grilling these days. And why not? It's an easy way to cook for company, and you eliminate cooking odors and mess from the indoors. But grilling, as with anything using combustible fuels, should be conducted with care. We're not just talking about preventing fires and explosions, but also eliminating negative effects on IAQ, or indoor air quality.
Your heating system, cooking equipment, and any other appliance that burns fuel create carbon monoxide (CO). Normally, this toxic gas is safely vented outside. A CO leak can be lethal, making it necessary to have a carbon monoxide detector in your home. While manufacturer's instructions for CO detector placement vary, there are some general rules you should remember.