HVAC Blog

Home > HVAC Blog

Carbon Monoxide Detectors: Are They Installed Properly?Your heating system, cooking equipment, and any other appliance that burns fuel create carbon monoxide (CO). Normally, this toxic gas is safely vented outside. A CO leak can be lethal, making it necessary to have a carbon monoxide detector in your home. While manufacturer's instructions for CO detector placement vary, there are some general rules you should remember.

Read More »

indoor air quality , Carbon Monoxide , heating system , Carbon monoxide detectors , CO , CO detectors , co poisoning

Important Reasons to Routinely Test the Carbon Monoxide Detectors in Your HomeCarbon monoxide (CO)–a colorless, odorless, poisonous gas–is produced by the appliances you use in your home every day. Anything that burns fuel, such as a gas-fired furnace or water heater, produces carbon monoxide as a byproduct of incomplete combustion. Under normal circumstances, these harmful fumes are vented outside, but when something goes wrong, carbon monoxide gas could leak into your home.

Read More »

New Haven , indiana , Carbon Monoxide , Carbon monoxide detectors , CO , testing co detectors , carbon monoxide gas

Carbon Monoxide Detectors Are More Important Than You ThinkCarbon monoxide (CO) is a real threat lurking in your Fort Wayne area home. This colorless, odorless gas is hazardous and potentially lethal to humans and animals. It can be emitted from any combustion appliance in your home, including gas-powered water heaters and furnaces, if they're malfunctioning or not venting properly. It is very important to identify CO leaks quickly and address the situation immediately before it endangers your family. Carbon monoxide detectors are the best way to protect your family from this invisible danger.

Read More »

New Haven , Fort Wayne , indiana , furnace , Carbon Monoxide , carbon monoxide leak , Carbon monoxide detectors , CO detector , gas water heater

Contact Us

Call Today to Schedule with Us