Facebook

Carbon Monoxide (CO)

Home > HVAC Blog

Carbon Monoxide Detectors: Are They Installed Properly?Your heating system, cooking equipment, and any other appliance that burns fuel create carbon monoxide (CO). Normally, this toxic gas is safely vented outside. A CO leak can be lethal, making it necessary to have a carbon monoxide detector in your home. While manufacturer's instructions for CO detector placement vary, there are some general rules you should remember.

Read More »

indoor air quality , Carbon Monoxide , heating system , Carbon monoxide detectors , CO , CO detectors , co poisoning

Have You Checked Your Carbon Monoxide Detectors?Now that another heating season is approaching and your home will soon be closed up against the cold, carbon monoxide (CO) exposure is a serious threat that you shouldn't ignore. Having your furnace inspected and tuned up by your HVAC technician can help reduce your risk of exposure, but you also need to check every carbon monoxide detector in your home.

Read More »

indoor air quality , Carbon Monoxide , home safety , CO detectors

Why You Need a Carbon Monoxide Detector in Your HomeWhen you turn on your fuel-burning heating system for the fall, you have a reasonable expectation that it will operate safely. However, some unforeseen issues could occur that might make your gas or propane furnace a potentially deadly risk. To prevent this danger, you need a carbon monoxide (CO) detector in your home.

Read More »

New Haven , HVAC system , Fort Wayne , indiana , HVAC , Carbon Monoxide , CO detector , CO , carbon monoxide detector

Important Reasons to Routinely Test the Carbon Monoxide Detectors in Your HomeCarbon monoxide (CO)–a colorless, odorless, poisonous gas–is produced by the appliances you use in your home every day. Anything that burns fuel, such as a gas-fired furnace or water heater, produces carbon monoxide as a byproduct of incomplete combustion. Under normal circumstances, these harmful fumes are vented outside, but when something goes wrong, carbon monoxide gas could leak into your home.

Read More »

New Haven , indiana , Carbon Monoxide , Carbon monoxide detectors , CO , testing co detectors , carbon monoxide gas

Would You Know if You Were Exposed to Carbon MonoxideCarbon monoxide is an odorless, tasteless, invisible gas that is produced in exhaust from vehicles, gas furnaces, stoves, wood fires and other appliances that work by combustion. Unfortunately, CO can be very hazardous to humans and animals, and, in fact, causes hundreds of accidental deaths in the United States every year. Since it can't be detected by sight or smell, how would you know if you'd been exposed to carbon monoxide?

Read More »

New Haven , Fort Wayne , indiana , Carbon Monoxide , carbon monoxide poisoning , CO , carbon monoxide exposure , carbon monoxide detector

Reduce or Eliminate Carbon Monoxide Exposure in Your Indiana HomeKeeping yourself safe from carbon monoxide exposure involves doing what you can to reduce and eliminate carbon monoxide (CO) from your home. In order to do this, you need to understand where carbon monoxide comes from, and how to properly deal with it in a way that stops any existing leaks, and prevents new ones from occurring.

Read More »

HVAC system , HVAC Technician , Carbon Monoxide , carbon monoxide concentration , CO

Carbon Monoxide Detectors Are More Important Than You ThinkCarbon monoxide (CO) is a real threat lurking in your Fort Wayne area home. This colorless, odorless gas is hazardous and potentially lethal to humans and animals. It can be emitted from any combustion appliance in your home, including gas-powered water heaters and furnaces, if they're malfunctioning or not venting properly. It is very important to identify CO leaks quickly and address the situation immediately before it endangers your family. Carbon monoxide detectors are the best way to protect your family from this invisible danger.

Read More »

New Haven , Fort Wayne , indiana , furnace , Carbon Monoxide , carbon monoxide leak , Carbon monoxide detectors , CO detector , gas water heater

Take Time this Spring for CO Detector MaintenanceWhile preparing your home for the upcoming warmer months, don’t forget about carbon monoxide (CO) detector maintenance to help keep your family safe from this toxic and potentially lethal gas. Even though you run your gas furnace less in the spring, and not at all in the summer, there's still a risk of carbon monoxide poisoning from other gas appliances or machinery, as well as vehicles operating near open windows or inside attached garages.

Read More »

New Haven , Fort Wayne , indoor air quality , indiana , carbon monoxide leaks , home safety , CO detector maintenance , carbon monoxide poisoning

Hazards Of Car Starts In Your Garage: Carbon Monoxide LeaksMany people make a habit of warming their car up by turning on the ignition and letting the car run for a while inside their garage when the air turns chilly. Even if the overhead garage door is left open while the car is running, carbon monoxide (CO) quickly accumulates in the enclosed space, and lingers after you have shut the garage door and pulled away. Air quality engineers estimate that it could take as little time as two minutes or less for lethal concentrations of the colorless, invisible fumes to fill the space. When the garage is attached to your house, any trapped CO can seep from the garage into your home and remain there for hours.

Read More »

New Haven , Fort Wayne , indiana , Carbon Monoxide , weatherstripping , UL-listed carbon monoxide detectors , fixing air leaks

Satisfied Clients

Our Number One Goal

Flurish


★ ★ ★ ★ ★

"Professional and quick! Very pleased with how fast they arrived, and fixed the problem in quick order!"

Dalton Hathaway
(Google Review)

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

"Technician was on time, professional and completed our HVAC service promptly. Would highly recommend Hartman Brothers!"

Eric Korte
(Google Review)

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

"They are always fast and efficient. Never had to wait long for service. Today Brian did an outstanding job. Diagnosed the problem immediately and had the furnace up and running."

Joy Miller-Long
(Google Review)

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

"Hartman Brothers has always given me great service. I feel comfortable knowing they are taking care of my heating and ac needs. Everyone is responsible, and I am very comfortable with all of the techs taking care of my maintenance even when I'm not home."

Shelly K.
(Google Review)

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

"We purchased our home just a few days ago and the heat was not working, and we were in single digit temps in this area. Josh, our tech, came out and checked everything out and discovered it was a programming issue on the digital thermostat. He set it correctly and heat is now working. The level of service of Hartman is phenomenal! Vickie in the office deserves a big thank you as the house was at 45 when I called and she saw to it that we were worked into their busy service request schedule."

Judith Botts
(Google Review)

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

"Always great service and great prices. Thank You Hartman Brothers."

Keith Gay
(Facebook Review)

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

"Ked was excellent, friendly from the start and extremely helpful. Because of how thorough he was, he fixed the problem but also discovered another potential problem and promptly fixed it as well."

Casey Holt
(Google Review)

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

"Great technician Very knowledgeable Customer service from office to field experience was great. Thanks for your help and for being so responsive"

B. Stoller
(Google Review)

Contact Us

Call Today to Schedule with Us